Trademark-This! – Do It Yourself (“DIY”) Trademark App EZ Form
HOW TO FILE A TRADEMARK APPLICATION
Please follow the below instructions for TrademarkAuthority to review your U.S. Trademark Application prior to filing:
1. First – Click on the TEAS FILE FORMS ONLINE BOX – This search engine allows you to search the USPTO’s database of registered trademarks and prior pending applications to find marks that may prevent registration due to a likelihood of confusion refusal.
2. Second – Click on the INITIAL APPLICATION FORM
3. Third– Click on Trademark/Servicemark Application, Principal Register
4. Fourth – Click on either the TEAS PLUS FORM if you are using the pre-approved listing of goods and services or click on the TEAS FORM if you are entering your own description of goods and services.
5. Enter all Requested Information on the TEAS Form, including the following:
- Owner Name
- Type of Entity
- Place of Formation
- Owner Address
- Contact Information
- Miscellaneous Information, including foreign translations, disclaimers and acquired distinctiveness claims
- Goods and Services
- If Use-Based, include dates of first use and specimens of use
6. Sign Application and Hit Validate Button
7. Prior to submitting to USPTO, Download Portable Data to Desktop. The TEAS Form is saved as a teas_bas.obj file which can be used to re-enter information into TEAS at a later point. You will need to save this .obj file to your computer then e-mail it to email@example.com for TrademarkAuthority to review.
8. Upon receipt of the teas_bas.obj file, Trademark Authority will send you a PayPal Invoice for $200. Upon receipt of payment, TrademarkAuthority will review your application, enter TrademarkAuthority as attorney-of-record and return the application to you with instructions on filing the USPTO trademark application and payment of the USPTO filing fees.
9. Questions? – If you have any questions regarding your trademark application, please send them to TrademarkAuthority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TrademarkAuthority is a service exclusively licensed to Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz LLP ("Pearl Cohen"), an intellectual property law firm located in New York, NY, that provides personal and expert
trademark and copyright legal services covering the U.S., Europe, Canada,
Australia, Mexico, Japan, China and many other countries throughout the
world. This Web site may be considered Attorney Advertising. The information provided on this site is not legal advice, but general information on legal issues relating to trademark searching and registration. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
TrademarkAuthority was founded by an expert trademark attorney and former U.S. Trademark Office Examining Attorney who
has over twenty-two years experience representing clients on a variety of
trademark and copyright law issues. Our legal services include trademark searching,
filing trademark applications, responding to USPTO Office Actions, filing Statements of Use, representing clients before the U.S.
Trademark Office, Federal and State courts, maintaining trademark
registrations, monitoring, policing and enforcing trademark rights and filing copyright registrations.