How to Conduct a Trademark Search
TrademarkAuthority has searched over 8,000 trademarks and has extensive experience determining whether a mark may or may not be available for adoption, use and registration. Before adopting or using any trademark, we strongly recommend that TrademarkAuthority conduct a trademark clearance search on your behalf in order to reduce business risk.
If you decide you want to conduct your own USPTO Trademark search (“DIY”), please following the below step-by-step instructions.
1. Click on the Grey TESS SEARCH TRADEMARKS BOX – This search engine allows you to search the USPTO’s database of registered trademarks and prior pending applications to find marks that may prevent registration due to the marks creating a likelihood of confusion.
2. Click on the BASIC WORD MARK SEARCH
3. Enter your Trademark in the Search Term Box and Hit “Submit Query”. As an example, we choose to search for the mark “LASER VIEW.” Note – if the search contains more than two or more words, the search will only list marks that contain both terms. If you want to search marks that contain either term, change the “Result Must Contain” to “OR”.
4. View Search Results by double clicking on each Mark/Record.
5. Here is an example of an individual USPTO Trademark Record. To view the Next Mark/Record, click on NEXT DOC.
6. Re-Start The Trademark Search – the USPTO Search may time out after several minutes of inactivity. If so, click on the Blue Box to re-start the search.
First – Click on the Blue Box to start the Trademark Search.
If you have any questions regarding your search results, please send them to Todd Braverman at TrademarkAuthority for a quick review.
TrademarkAuthority is a service exclusively licensed to Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz LLP ("Pearl Cohen"), an intellectual property law firm located in New York, NY, that provides personal and expert
trademark and copyright legal services covering the U.S., Europe, Canada,
Australia, Mexico, Japan, China and many other countries throughout the
world. This Web site may be considered Attorney Advertising. The information provided on this site is not legal advice, but general information on legal issues relating to trademark searching and registration. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
TrademarkAuthority was founded by an expert trademark attorney and former U.S. Trademark Office Examining Attorney who
has over twenty-two years experience representing clients on a variety of
trademark and copyright law issues. Our legal services include trademark searching,
filing trademark applications, responding to USPTO Office Actions, filing Statements of Use, representing clients before the U.S.
Trademark Office, Federal and State courts, maintaining trademark
registrations, monitoring, policing and enforcing trademark rights and filing copyright registrations.